Coaching for Community Change
Coaching for Community Change (CCC) is a customized, culturally-based, capacity-building process for engaging communities in a genuine social change process. CCC is based on a capacity-building model developed by Dr. Frank J. Omowale Satterwhite of the National Community Development Institute (NCDI). Dr. Satterwhite developed the model through over 25 years of field experience in various communities and with more than one thousand organizations in thirty-two states.
The three primary goals of CCC are:
(1) organizing and engaging people,
(2) strengthening indigenous institutions and
(3) developing and transforming communities.
The basic philosophy which governs CCC’s work with non-profit, social justice and community service organizations is the belief that:
– The key to rebuilding our communities is to develop stable institutions with the capacity to solve human problems – i.e., institutions with visionary leadership, a coherent strategic plan, functional management systems and effective community organizing strategies.
– Community-based organizations can assume a pivotal role in the neighborhood revitalization process if they are provided culturally and linguistically appropriate technical assistance and training services geared toward their unique challenges and special needs.
– The primary responsibility for addressing organizational and community development issues rests with the board, staff, and constituents of an organization – not with the coaches.
– Working together, the board, staff and constituents of an organization can identify and effectively address key issues through a collaborative planning and problem-solving process.
– The primary role of the coach is to assist key stakeholders to develop a broad consensus and dynamic strategy for resolving problems and achieving their organizational and community goals.
If your community needs help to address chronic issues, then Coaching for Community Change is the right avenue to take and choice to make.
Take our coachability assessment to see if Coaching for Community Change is right for you.
Mariano M. Jauco has been empowering business professionals and individuals by sharing his knowledge to produce a positive change in the world. His techniques and methods will allow you to reach your goals and achieve the success and prosperity you deserve. Click here to subscribe to his newsletter.